Friday, October 29, 2010

Hubby's Birthday on Halloween.

Hi Everyone,

Well  here we are.  A potential long weekend here in Melbourne.  The running of the Melbourne Cup (Horse race) is on Tuesday and it is a public holiday. The lucky ones take off Monday and  Friday afternoon and go away for the weekend.  It is quite warm today.  There is however, lots of rain forecast for tomorrow.  I have made a card for hubby. His birthday is on the 31st. Yes Halloween.  Although we did not grow up celebrating Halloween, I have added in some Halloween colours. I find it really hard to do male cards.   Hubby would like to think that the long weekend is because it is his birthday.  The photo on the card is of course of Hubby when he was young and cute.

I thought I would enter this card in the Cards for Men challenge blog. Their theme is Anything goes this time, as long as the card is for a boy or man.

The card was made with the following

Ribbon:   Stampin Up  Chocolate Chip wide ribbon. (Don't think it is available anymore)
Buttons:   Green ones are from Stampin Up.  The orange ones are from my stash
Paper:     Kraft cardstock, Chocolate Chip cardstock, Stampin Up Dsp and Creative Memories paper.

Have a great long weekend to those lucky enough to have the days off. Have a great weekend to everyone else.

7 comments:

  1. Yes I also find it hard to make a male card...
    But you have done a great job with this card Kelly! A beautiful card:)
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a fabulous card for a family member, love how youve created the design. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly this is a beautiful card...and a great blog...I'm going to grab myself a cup of tea and check out the rest of your work...thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment...have a stampin' good time.
    hugz
    Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, you wouldnt know you find it hard to do male cards. This one is GREAT. Love all the elements. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly this card is wonderful, I love how you create such beautiful things.

    Have a happy Melbourne Cup day tomorrow!! and start of November. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card, love the buttons and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly, you make great cards! Thank you for popping by my blog and for leaving your lovely comments. It is so nice to 'meet' new bloggy friends! And, I wonder if it was me you bought your pillow from! Have a lovely weekend, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete