Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stylish Blogger Award. Thanks Shirl


Good Evening Everyone

I am very excited to have received a "Stylish Blogger Award" from the lovely Shirl at "Shirls Card". Thanks Shirl, it is very much appreciated.

Part of receiving this award is .......

Thanking the lovely person who awarded this to me...


Share 8 things about myself.


1.  When I make a friend  they are usually keepers. I am very loyal and I hate losing touch. (I know that life circumstances change and we do grow apart from some of our friends)

2.  My married name is "Smith". My mother's maiden name was "Smith".  Mum always laughs because she was happy to be married and change her name from "Smith"  Consequently there are many "Smiths" in our family.

3. I met my husband on a blind date.  (One of the partners in crime that introduced us secretly spied on us , on our first date)

4. My hubby does most of the cooking. I am not very creative in the culinary field.

5. I love family history.

6 I am very shy and  it takes a while to let my guard down.

7. I have two cousins (boy & girl siblings) who have a very rare fatal disease. Approx. 500 people are affected in the world.  They have an adult onset of Niemanns Pick disease. I have listed the foundation blog on my sidebar if you are interested in reading further about this.

8. I love reading true stories. (Autobiographies ... etc...)

I am passing this award onto these fabulous ladies



1. Sandra  at "Sandra's Stampin Spot
Sandi   at "Maximum Embellishment"
3. Davi    at  "Alstromerias Artistry"
4. Foxglove Spires 
5. Kelly Smith at "Little K Smith"   ( A lovely lady with the same name as me!)
6. Karen  at "For the love of Stamping"
7. Doreen at "Doreen's Dream"
8. Heidi     at "Papirdama


8 comments:

  1. Thanks to these ladies for making my blogging time a more enjoyable experience. There are so many others that have really made the experience enjoyable as well.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much Kelly, I am so delighted to receive this wonderful award. I always enjoy my visits here, seeing the wonderful creations you have made.

    I loved reading your post today and discovering a bit more about you, thank you.

    Have a most delightful week my friend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kelly - well deserved. It's interesting what revelations there are when anyone receives these awards - I bet you struggled to put 8 together :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly - how generous of you. Both to share some important pieces of "you" and to pass on something that clearly means a lot to you. I have enjoyed our connection and the encouragement that we have passed back and forth. Often we never know who's life path we have crossed and if we made a difference or not, so it's quite special to recognize a connection. Best wishes my friend, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Kelly!
    So nice of you:)
    I'll post it later.
    Have a nice sunday, hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Kelly! I'm so glad that I stumbled across your blog. Thank you for all of your encoragemnet and kind comments over the last couple of months. It really means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so sweet Kelly. Thanks so much for this award. What fun. I am very appreciative and will receive this with open arms. Big hugs.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete