Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A New Lens


I received my camera last year as a present. I have had so much fun taking photos. About two weeks ago I bought a new lens. (Nikon 50 mm 1.8)   It was an early birthday present. I wasn't expecting to buy it on the day.  Thanks family!!!  I have recently started a facebook page and I I have liked several pages. (As I do) There are so many talented people out there. One page I liked was Helene Dujardin Photography.  I discovered that she had publised a book called Plate to Pixel. I really liked her style of Food Photography and excitedly purchased her book online. I was expecting to receive it mid June. It actually arrived at the beginning of this week. I couldn't wait to start reading. One of the things that she emphasizes  is to practice, practice, practice.  Well I don't have any trouble doing that!!  However I do have to have the nice food to practice on. Hubby made Lasagne Sunday, so I set about practising. What I do best!   I had no idea that I would have such a liking for food photography. I only realised that I like capturing food when I first received my camera and I was trying to look for things to practice on.  One thing about food , is that it is a willing particapant. I then discovered the What Katie Ate (I have linked her Facebook page)  and her amazing photograpy.  So here I am trying to learn the art of food photography. Trying to make the food look scrumptious.  I know I have a long way to go , but the journey is fun.

Thanks for  getting this far.


Kelly

Ps.  The Lasagne was really yummy.  Hubby always makes a yummy Lasagne





6 comments:

  1. Oh hubby, that look fabulous! Kelly, good for you to keep at photography, I know I have to have good pictures , but I so struggle because I have no interest in learning to take good pictures, isn't that horrible! Pass on any tips you learn

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol.

      Yes, I have always had a passion for photography and crave learning. At least with food , it doesn't say "Why are you taking another photo"?

      Delete
  2. A new lens...how exciting! Your photos look wonderful, Kelly. I love food photography too. Then only bad thing is that I'm always making things to photograph and then I have to eat them too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia. Yes I know what you mean about making and eating.Thank you I appreciate your comments very much.

      Kelly

      Delete
  3. Kelly, Hi, we are waiting for more fabulous pictures! Save the date cards have become pretty common place her in the US for weddings, especially when you know a lot of people will be coming from out of town and making plane reservations. It is so fun to see how different countries celebrate special occasions. Hang with me and I will take you through the whole wedding process.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, I haven't been updating my blog of late. I haven't been spending most of my time on Facebook. I definitely want to see the wedding process.

      Thanks

      Kelly

      Delete